EUR traded Higher against USD and closed at 1.1175.
EUR/USD is attempting a convincing break above 1.12 amid broad-based US dollar weakness.
The currency pair is currently trading at 1.1196, representing a 0.20% gain on the day, having hit a high of 1.1210 in Asia.
Dollar’s bearish trend continued in Asia and looks to have legs, as gold, a hard currency, is reporting a 3% gain on a month-to-date basis in dollar terms and is expected to put on a good show next year. The trend in the gold market is widely used as an indicator to confirm the bullish/bearish price action in the US dollar.
EUR/USD’s bullish case looks stronger with the weekly chart reporting an upside break of the trendline connecting September 2018 and June 2019 highs.
According to the Analysis, pair is expected to find support at 1.1196 and a fall through could take it to the next support level of 1.1195. The pair is expected to find its first resistance at 1.1200 and a rise through could take it to the next resistance level of 1.1201.
GBP traded higher against USD and closed at 1.3076
- GBP/USD remains on the front foot for the fifth consecutive day to the highest since December 19.
- The Brexit party leader Nigel Farage’s former adviser Trixy Sanderson signaled the EU’s preparations for a no-deal departure.
- The market lost interest in the greenback as phase-one calls rise but US-China political divide remains.
According to the Analysis, pair is expected to find support at 1.3075 and a fall through could take it to the next support level of 1.3068. The pair is expected to find its first resistance at 1.3097, and a rise through could take it to the next resistance level of 1.3104.
Important Economic Events of the Day
- USD: Pending Home Sales m/m
- USD: Pending Home Sales y/y
- USD: Goods Trade Balance
For More information about the release time of news and its impact visit Economic Calendar Page!